Sunday, October 26, 2008

Slumber party



Max has 2 of his friends over for a sleepover party to celebrate his 13th birthday a few weeks ago. I never thought that three boys could make so much noise and giggle so much. I don't know what time they finally went to sleep, but they were awake when I went to sleep and were up running around by 7:30.

Since they were busy it gave me a chance to work on my last houses for the House CAT at Mail Art World. We are supposed to do one a month and I am a little behind.

I also started cutting out Gothic Arches for a swap at ATCsforall.com. They aren't due until January 5th. I think I may stick to the same techniques I used in the House ones I made. I have so many silk flowers that my mother gave me.

I don't have a book I am currently reading and that causes me all kinds of stress. I started Sharon Kay Penman's newest book, Devil's Brood, that I received as an ARC, but haven't gotten very far. I just haven't been in the mood for a really big historical novel lately, even though I am a big admirer of Eleanor of Aquitaine. She was such an amazing woman.

I also have received several other ARCs that I want to read, one of them is about Walt Whitman and his brothers and their experiences during the Civil War.

I wish that I could have an art room upstairs, but even typing this demonstrates why it wouldn't work. Xena is banging and banging on the door to get in, but every time I let her in, she stands in here and barks and pounds on the door to get out. She weighs 92 pounds, so she is really hard on the doors. She is so obsessed with chasing squirrels that it is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Jennifer Williams said...

Man, I noticed you hadn't blogged in forever but you said you don't always update. I then noticed you on my followers list and quickly figured out I forgot to add your link! I added you anonymously so I don't broadcast your blog site. :)

I'm loving the colors on your houses! I particularly like how you stiched the center of your flowers. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Sir Pumpkin said...

These are beautiful - lovely colours and patterns.