Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chaos in my world



I never seem to post here, but I always mean to!


Last Wednesday there was an abrupt announcement that my favorite place to hang out on the internet, ATcards.com was going to be closed by the end of the month. Within days all the content was gradually stripped off and by Sunday the site was permanently gone. I tried to copy all my important content off the site, but I still didn't have time to get to it all before it was gone. The announcement was made ONE DAY before my first anniversary on the site. What a gift! I had just posted my first swap to ever host. It was thrilling because I was limited to 12 players and it filled up in less than 7 hours. After much chaos the movers and shakers at the old site had started a new one, atcsforall.com. It has a very similar format to the old site, but in a stripped down version so far, but I think it will end up even better than the old site.


My other favorite place to hang out was themailartist.com. This site also shut down because it was managed by the same people. There are plans in the works to have a new site for it, as well. It was similar to ATcards, with more of an emphasis on other versions of mail art, and not just ATCs. It was juried, so you had to apply to be accepted. I can't wait until this new site is up, as well.


My next goal is to join illustratedatcs.com. I think this is going to be difficult because they only allow people who are very skilled with drawing and painting. With that goal in mind, I have started on working on getting some really good pieces to use to apply. I did some reworking of one of my angel canvases (posted below in the old version) and scanned another of my best ones. You can see them posted at the beginning of my blog.
I will have to write more later. Someone is telling me it is time to go.

No comments: