Monday, August 13, 2007

Tombstones are heavy to carry around in the car

We are going back to Texas tomorrow. Max can't wait, but I would rather just stay here another few months. It is so much easier being here than having all the responsibilities at home, even though I do miss Flicka, Oscar and Xena. We have been here since August 1st. Mark and Karen were planning on being here, but things came up so they haven't been here most of the time. They have an absolutely gorgeous house and the lake cabin is wonderful, of course. I will try to post some pictures of their house later.

We have also been very fortunate that my Aunt Karen has allowed us free use of her Honda Pilot. The built in GPS system has been wonderful, especially for avoiding 35W. The only downside is that her mother's tombstone is in the back of the car. It is a beautiful stone carved in granite, but it is so heavy! I think that is one reason the car doesn't seem to have as much power as mine.

I have spent a lot of time scanning the old family photos I found in the Pole Barn at Blue Lake. It is taking so long that I am having to be very choosy. Some of the ones I really want to scan are framed and hanging on the wall and the back isn't easy to take off, so I can't scan them! Ok, now I did try to scan them and it is working, but obviously isn't the best.

I will try to write more later, but we really need to get going.

1 comment:

Catullus said...

What a wonderful project to have on your vacation. I have been enjoying the old family pictures.