Friday, August 24, 2007

On arriving home, a flea story.

I haven't posted in quite a while because I haven't known what to write. I was told by someone that they didn't like my blog, so I didn't feel like writing anything.

I have been back at work for over a week now. Getting back home turned out to be a very transition. It started in our effort to get home. The first plane we were on had a fuel leak, then we had to run to the other side of the airport to another plane. It was finally determined that that one had a hydraulic leak. It took about an hour to fix it. We were both starving, so I managed to get us a couple of McDonald's hamburgers between planes. When we finally got to Dallas my mother was stuck behind an accident on 35E. It took her 2 hours to get to the airport, and another 2 to get to our house. We were supposed to get to Dallas at 1:45 and we arrived at home at 7:30. We finally went over later that evening to pick up Flicka.

Max had been complaining about little bugs jumping on him and biting him. We registered him for middle school the next morning and I dropped him off at Eric's house. When I went home I looked more closely at the floor and realized there were thousands of fleas jumping around. None of the animals had fleas! I looked at poor Flicka and she was just crawling with them. Then I went to work, where I realized that no one had been able to figure out how to turn in the student timesheets, so I had to do them really quickly and turn them in--a few hours late.

Later that evening we went to Walmart to get something to kill them and then met my parents at the Country Club, where we had a Chinese buffet. Then I went home and set to vacuuming. I called Byron and he agreed to keep Kitty and Xena for a few more days, until we got the flea problem under control. I got up at 7 and went to the vet's and got 5 doses of flea killer--three for my pets, and two for Haley's dogs. She was arriving later that day with her dogs. Then I vacuumed again and went to work.

I will have to continue this later.

3 comments:

Catullus said...

Count me as someone who enjoys your blog. I have been checking it every so often for updates and am glad you are back online.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.