Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More book reviews

I have gotten so behind on my book reviews, so I am going to just post some quick reviews as I get a chance:

The Mighty Queens of Freeville, by Amy Dickinson: I received this book as an Advanced Reader copy and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. I don't usually like memoirs, but I found the book very funny and hard to put down.

Amy Dickinson was left by her husband when her daughter was very young while they were living in London. She moved back to Washington, D.C., but kept getting pulled back to the small town of Freeville, where she grew up and was raised by a family of strong women.

2 comments:

Wyanne Thompson said...

Thanks for the book reviews. I'm going to check our The Mighty Queens. :)

Passages to the Past said...

Hi Lisa - you won a giveaway at Passages to the Past, but I don't have your email address. Please email me at passages to the past at gmail dot com and let me know your snail mail address!

http://www.passagestothepast.com/2010/02/5-winners-of-drood-are.html