Monday, December 29, 2008

Book Reviews

I keep reading books to review and then putting off the review. I need to stop that and get to work!

One I read recently is The Glister by John Burnside that I received as an advanced reader copy. I think the book is coming out in March, but it isn't even listed on Amazon yet, except as an audio book. The cover of the book is so creepy that I was a little afraid of reading it. It starts out feeling like a horror novel, but it really isn't except in the very beginning. The book is about the disappearance of young boys that takes place in Innertown, the site of a defunct chemical plant. Apparently the plant was shut down because it was so dangerous and there are reports of odd creatures in the poison woods.

I loved Burnside's writing in the book and the characters are all well developed and make you want to keep reading. Ultimately, however, the ending makes no sense to me and I feel like I never do figure out what happened in the book.

No comments: