Thursday, October 21, 2010

Journalfest

I haven't posted in ages, obviously, but I am so excited about going to Journalfest next week that I feel compelled to post about it. I am excited to go, but feel totally overwhelmed with all I need to do before I go.

Today is Chris' birthday and I made a carrot cake last night and frosted it this morning. I stopped by the store to get cream cheese for the frosting (whatever happened to the 5 pound package I bought at Sam's?) and didn't realize I was low on butter, so I used a butterlike spread instead. I am afraid that it didn't turn out quite right. I also cooked a chicken last night and am going to make chicken and dumplings for dinner.

I don't know how I can always be buying food and preparing food, but no one is ever happy about it. The prize comment this morning was from Max, who said, "Why is it restaurants can have so much food, but there is nothing to eat around here?" That completely flabbergasted me. How can I even answer such a ridiculous question? Apparently, my kitchen IS a restaurant?

Trying to pack for Journalfest is impossible! I am trying to pack minimal supplies, but even so it is a lot of stuff. I was thinking about shipping it all, but I am running out of time now.

On top of Journalfest, I get to see my Aunt Jeanne, who is always a lot of fun to be around.

No comments: